THE GUIDING STATEMENTS OF THE BRITISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ISTANBUL
- Educating students in a stimulating environment to the highest possible academic standards.
- Fostering global citizens who will shape a more peaceful world by celebrating both their cultural diversity and shared humanity.
- Instilling respect, tolerance, integrity and compassion and promoting the confidence and independence to be responsible risk-takers.
- Educating students to be adaptable, reflective and questioning throughout their lives.
- Being aware of the social, physical and emotional needs of each individual student and working with the home to provide a learning environment that is stable and caring.
- Inspiring creativity in each student in its broadest sense and helping to enrich the human spirit both aesthetically and morally.
- Educating students to be respectful of, and knowledgeable about, and involved in their local and international communities.
- Promoting awareness and responsibility for a sustainable global environment.
- Providing excellent local and international educational programmes, from the modified English National Curriculum through to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Challenging students to realise their potential.
- Appreciating and celebrating cultural diversity.
- Providing extra-curricular activities for the school community.
- Promoting open and effective communication within the community.
- Encouraging active involvement in the school, local and global communities.
- Preparing students to be independent thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Striving for continuous improvement.
- Maintaining our accreditation from international organisations.