Employment at the BIS
The BIS is dedicated to providing inspiring caring education to young people. In this regard we seek to hire the best teachers possible for our schools. We can only consider applications from teachers who can prove that they:
- Are a fluent speaker of English.
- Hold at least a Bachelors degree in the subject that they will teach from a recognised university.
- Hold a recognised teaching certificate or diploma
- Have a minimum two years full time teaching experience in schools
- Can provide good references from the Head or Principal of their previous two institutions. All offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of references. Failure to supply references in good time will lead to an employment offer being withdrawn.
In addition to this teachers who have:
- Previous overseas teaching experience
- Experience in teaching IGCSE or IB courses (for Secondary teachers) are of special interest to our recruiters.
- The BIS will only hire teachers who can be available for interview either in person or online.
- To facilitate personal interviews The BIS conducts the majority of its recruitment via the Search Associates Recruitment Fairs in London in January and April.
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.